The other day, I made a super quick and easy breakfast that tasted great and kept everyone full for hours.
Ham and Egg Sandwich with Pepper Jack Cheese (2 servings)
- Three slices of Virginia Honey Ham
- Quarter to Half (to your taste) stick of Butter
- Three Large Eggs
- Two slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- Two slices of Rye Bread
- Pinch of Salt
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- Sprinkle of Ground Black Pepper
- Cut the ham into small pieces and put on a cold pan
- Slice up to a quarter stick of butter and put pieces around the pan
- Turn the pan on at medium heat
- Toast two slices of bread and put each slice on a separate plate
- (Optional) Spread some butter on each slice of bread
- Mix the ham on the pan
- Put one slice of cheese on each slice of bread
- Add the salt, paprika and pepper to the ham
- Break the eggs open directly over the pan and add the contents to the ham, throwing the shells away (gardening tip: you can add the shells to your compost if you have one)
- Gently mix everything on the pan just so the ham is entirely covered by eggs
- Put a lid on the pan
- Slice up some of your favorite fruit and put on each plate. I chose grapes and an orange!
- When bubbles start to form in the pan, take the lid off and use a spatula to split the contents in half. Gently flip each half over. Leave uncovered. Turn the burner off.
- In 30-60 seconds remove eggs from the pan and put over the cheese on each slice of bread
- Enjoy with a cup of your favorite tea or glass of milk!